Hacklemesh Weaver Spiders
- 1/5 – 6/10 inch long
- reddish brown head; dark grayish colored abdomen with light colored patches
- 8 eyes arranged in 2 rows
- damp, protected areas such as woodpiles and underneath rocks
- deposit egg sacs in irregularly-shaped mesh webs, where the spiders are typically found
- frequently found in damp basements and other areas in buildings during fall
- not considered medically significant
- Minimize nesting habitat around property.
- Find and seal cracks and crevices along the building’s exterior.
- Install tight-fitting door sweeps.
- Install tight-fitting screens in windows.
- Reduce insects that serve as food.
- Use pest monitors/sticky traps to capture spiders than enter buildings.