- small (6 –12 inches high) herbaceous annual with lacey leaves and a pineapple smell when disturbed
- seedlings grow as a rosette, then the plant branches upward into a small bush
- thrives in harsh soil conditions such as compacted soils and high traffic areas, but not shade
- will tolerate mowing
- gardens, lawns, cropland and open spaces
- summer annual; germinates in early spring and continues to germinate throughout the year
- flowers can be present all year beginning in late spring
- Hand-pull plants in planting beds prior to seed maturation.
- Maintain healthy, competitive desirable vegetation.
- Pre-emergent herbicides may not be effective since pineappleweed germinates year round.
- Apply an appropriate post-emergent herbicide directly to target weeds.