- small, low-spreading annual covered in short hairs
- leaves are rounded with three lobes and toothed margins
- small flowers (1/4 – 1/2 inch) have four petals and are light blue with a white center appearing lightly striped
- fruits are heart shaped and hairy
- gardens, lawns, cropland and open spaces
- summer or winter annual
- germinates primarily in early spring, but can germinate anytime through fall
- seeds are able to germinate immediately after maturing
- Hand-pull plants in planting beds prior to seed maturation.
- Maintain healthy, competitive desirable vegetation.
- Apply an appropriate pre-emergent herbicide prior to seed germination or apply an appropriate post-emergent herbicide directly to target weeds.