- low, spreading habit; looks similar to other clover-like plants
- leaves have three small oval leaflets that are finely toothed on the edge
- yellow flowers in small rounded bunches
- landscape, lawn and open spaces
- annual or short-lived perennial
- flowers appear April through September
- Hand-pull plants in planting beds prior to seed maturation.
- In severe infestations, apply an appropriate pre-emergent herbicide prior to seed germination in spring or an appropriate post-emergent herbicide to target weeds in fall.