- also known as sowbugs or pillbugs
- range from 1/4 to 5/8 inch long
- dark to slate gray
- oval, segmented, armored bodies
- can roll up into a tight ball when disturbed
- many habitats including moist soil, leaves, grass, wood piles, mulch and stones
- require high moisture
- come indoors when moist conditions exist
- decaying organic material
- occasionally come indoors under thresholds/doors
- may be a nuisance indoors
- Minimize moisture and hiding/feeding areas near the foundation.
- Seal cracks around the outside foundation wall.
- Install tight-fitting door sweeps at the base of all exterior doors.
- Vacuum individuals that enter buildings.