Education & Training
Find a LocationClick the name of the nearest city to see which dates workshops will be available to you.
October 20 & 21, 2014
Salt Lake City School District Facilities Administration
995 West 2480 South
South Salt Lake, UT
- Workshops are free
- Lunch/snacks are provided for free
- 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Each workshop is limited to 30 people
Need IPM Education and Training?
The Utah State University Extension School IPM Program is here to assist you in educating and training your faculty and staff about Integrated Pest Management (IPM). The IPM Program can provide education on the following topics and can create specific training to meet your school or district's needs.
- IPM Basics
- What is IPM?
- Roles of faculty, staff and administration in IPM
- Creating an IPM plan and policy
- Selecting an IPM Coordinator
- Getting your program started
- IPM Coordinator training
- Complying with the school rule
- Conducting IPM inspections
- How to practice IPM (Indoor and Outdoor Modules)
- Management of common indoor and outdoor Utah pests
- How to monitor for pests
- *Additional topics selected by your district
The Utah School IPM Coalition is currently developing new educational and training materials to help your school or district transition to IPM-based pest management.