About 20,000 species of bees have been named worldwide. It is estimated that the actual number of bee species is much higher! Although the most well known bees, honey bees and bumble bees, are social and live in colonies, the majority of bees are actually solitary. Although there are numerous animals that provide pollination services, by far most of the world's pollination is done by bees.
European honey bee
- Honey bee information and links
- County Bee Inspectors help with maintaining or removing a hive.
- Beekeeping Associations
- Africanized Honey Bees
- Native bee information and links
- Blue orchard bee
- Encouraging Native Pollinators (article)
- Gardening for Native Bees in Utah